Tom practices in the areas of advanced tax and estate planning, business reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, entity formation and succession planning for closely-held business entities. His practice focuses on advanced estate and business structures, negotiations and structuring of transactions, analysis of entity valuation and planning with limited liability entities, he also has significant experience in real property valuations and transactions.
A third generation Idaho native, Tom grew up in Coeur d’Alene where his family owned and operated a small business for over 70 years. He worked as a real estate appraiser in Idaho and Washington before going to law school. Tom earned his J.D. from the University of Idaho and his LL.M. in Taxation from Boston University. While in law school, he served as the executive editor of the Idaho Critical Legal Studies Journal, clerked for the Fourth District Court of Idaho and worked for the University of Idaho College of Law Entrepreneurship Clinic. Tom joined the firm in the spring of 2018 as an intern while still in law school and worked for the firm until graduating. After joining the Idaho bar, he started his own practice while working on his LL.M. and rejoined the firm in the spring of 2021. Tom enjoys the outdoor activities Idaho has to offer such as golf, biking and he is an avid fly-fisherman.
- Member, Idaho State Bar
- Member, Washington State Bar
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Boston University College of Law LL.M. Taxation 2020
- University of Idaho College of Law J.D. 2019
- Executive Editor, Idaho Critical Legal Studies Journal
- Ashford University B.A. Business Economics 2012
- Cum Laude
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Idaho Non-profit Corporations Act Review Committee
- City of Hayden Planning and Zoning Commissioner – 2011-2016
- Vice-Chairman – 2015-2016
- City of Hayden Impact Fee Committee – 2015-2016